Friday, June 3, 2011

Wikipedia Use...Wrong or Right?

Margaret Santori, (in the Literacy 2.0 book) demonstrates Wikipedia to her students. Most school do not allow Wikipedia to be used. Would you use Wikipedia like Margaret Santori with your students?  Why?
I think that Margaret Santori has a great idea in mind in the way that she is using Wikipedia.  I think that there is a fine line between the correct use of Wikipedia and the wrong way.  I have heard some of my students say I added something to Wikipedia the other day on my favorite novel.  I think that students can use it in a positive way, but then I can see students adding information to Wikipedia which is false just because they can.  I think that if a teacher teaches the correct way to use of Wikipedia then it is a great teaching source.  I do think that I would use what Margaret did in her class in my own classroom as what the possibilities there are for Wikipedia.    

No comments:

Post a Comment